Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaNo NaNo

On Monday I did something I'm not entirely sure was the smartest thing to do -- I signed up for NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. The object of which is to write a 50,000-word novel in thirty days, specifically the thirty days of November.

Oy.

I've never written a novel before. TV scripts, yes. Magazine articles where I got paid by the word, yes. Fanfiction stories, yes, although none of those have been very long. This will be the first thing I've attempted that's longer than the 60-ish pages of a TV script, or the roughly 40kb of my longest fanfic story.

Double oy.

Yes, I have an idea. And since my day job and I recently parted ways, I sort of have the time. See, I'm also embarking on Dan Miller's 48 Days to the Work You Love plan today, too.

Why yes, I am insane. Thanks for asking.

1 comment:

Nikki Nelson-Hicks said...

You are now on my Favorites list so I expect to see more stuff!